Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Break

I am so annoyed right now. For the following various reasons.

A) I'm home for fall break and i'm on my period
B) I'm so bloated that my favorite skinny jeans won't freakin zip
C) I keep snacking on salty snacks like peanuts, which I know is making the bloating worse
D) All I wanted to do on fall break was get a pedicure, which my mom promised, and it doesn't look like thats happening now
E) I keep getting text from a friend from school asking what i'm doing over fall break. Her parents totally altered their schedules for her coming home for fall break. Took her shopping, home-cooked meals and baked goods, etc. Sorry honey, my mom has four kids.... and as much as I wish she would take just a few hours out of her schedule and do something for me and not my siblings, it's just not going to happen. So please STOP bragging to me about your oh-so-perfect life.

I guess i'm jealous. It gets worse when i'm on my period, though thats no excuse. My sister came home for her fall break yesterday night too. And within 10 minutes of her being home she already has talked to my dad about things that she wants (new iPhone, those new nike shoes). My dad's response? "Oh cool, baby. I'll look into it." Yet.... the FIRST thing that my dad said when I came home was "you better not ask for me to buy you anything." It is just sooo frustrating. I wasn't going to ask for anything. And I live on my own now. I buy my own groceries, my own books for school, i'm paying for my own education at Meredith, I took out my own loans, I buy my own clothes. It's soooo frustrating that my sisters just expect my parents to just do whatever/ buy whatever for them. And my parents do. There are never any no's. I don't know why it is so different with me. But it is. And it bothers me. And my parents just don't get it. I'm 22 years old. My siblings are 20, 17, and 14. You would think that I would be over this by now. You would think that my siblings wouldn't act they way they do either. Just. Ugh.

One day.... just one random day.... i want my mom to be like.... hey kaitlin, let's hang out. let's get lunch and go to a movie. or something. instead it is all... no kaitlin, i don't have time for that/ it doesn't matter that you drove 3 hours to come home, janelle has to go to the barn/has a horse-show, or collin has a boyscout thing, or a project, or hillary has to go do this. just.... so frustrated.

And since i've been so bored today (mom's made a point that she just HAS to do her gardening today, and told me that if i wanted a pedicure that i could go by myself. hello. if i wanted to go by myself i could have gone in Raleigh), i've just  been sitting around on the couch and on the computer. I just feel so huge/so fat today.

1 comment:

  1. Hi :)

    I am the eldest too and it can be so frustrating. I find it less so since I left home now, although me and my middle sister are frequently shocked at how the youngest, just turned 16, gets spoiled and gets away with so much that I wouldn't have even dreamed of attempting. My mother even let her paint her bedroom wall black and graffiti on it. My walls were mint green and beige with a disgusting floral border. I am 23, by the way, and still manage to get a bit annoyed by it, don't feel bad.

    My boyfriend's take on it is: the eldest gets s*** on, the middle gets ignored and the youngest gets everything. A tad extreme, but I understand the sentiment (he is an eldest too).

    I'm sorry your break is not going well. Have you tried telling your mom how you really feel about the pedicure situation? That it was more about spending quality time with her than the actual pedicure? Sometimes others get so wrapped up in their own stuff they don't realize such things. Even moms I guess.

    Yikes, sorry for the mammoth comment! I hope your Saturday is better than your Friday

    x

    ReplyDelete